Thursday, July 3, 2008

Week 7: Fishing Pole

It has been 3 years now of steady progression since my days of working in a real estate office cubicle. Today I find myself pursuing a more fulfilling goal.
More fulfilling in that I am happier with my everyday life, but my road to success, or at least my version of success, weighs on my mind.
The "rock and roll fantasy" roller coaster of sorts has brought dreamy times, as well as other times when the coaster moves at a different, slower pace. I feel that it's all part of it, but that doesn't make it easier to swallow. The feeling of "standing still" is tough for me to handle and is a test on my determination and focus. I have to remind myself that it's the journey that I should be appreciating instead of just concentrating on the end result. If I just focus on my goal, then I miss the amazing things that are stuck in between the end and the beginning.
I love making music and playing shows and hope to do it for a long time. I hope to look back on this week's song and use it as energy for the next goal in sight.

This week's song is entitled "Fishing Pole" and it's about my regular search/struggle with the music industry and the scene.



This was written and performed by Gabriel Velazquez

No comments: